By default AppSignal integrations gather relevant data about errors and performance measurements to help you find the cause of the issue. Sometimes it collects much (or too little) app specific data by default.
⚠️ Apps should not collect any user identifiable information (such as personal names, email addresses, passwords, etc.), use the tools described in this guide to limit filter out this type of data.
You can configure AppSignal what kind of data it should not collect by filtering parameters, headers and session data. This is what we will be looking at in the next steps of this guide.
- Filter request parameters - the next step in this guide
- Filter session data - future step in this guide
- Request headers collection - future step in this guide
- Ignoring errors - future step in this guide
- Ignoring actions - future step in this guide