There are a number of reasons for a declined charge. All banks have automated systems that decline or accept a charge. We've found that the most common reasons are:
- The card has expired: check the expiration date of the card to make sure it's still valid.
- The billing address does not match the address on the card: check if the billing address in AppSignal matches that on the card.
- The card has insufficient funds: if you use a pre-paid card, check if the card has sufficient funds to accept the charge.
- The card has a monthly spending limit which has been reached: let us know and we can charge you at the beginning of next month and return to the normal billing cycle afterwards.
- A fluke in the matrix, sometimes the card gets declined at random with no specific reason: contact us at email@example.com and we'll figure this out together.
We hate to see you leave, but sometimes you need to cancel your subscription or have your account deleted.
You can cancel the subscription for any organization you're an owner for in AppSignal (there can be multiple owners for any organization).
In the next step, you're asked to confirm the cancellation and provide a reason for doing so. While you could just enter "x", we do appreciate and manually process all of your feedback!
After confirming, there won't be any additional charges, unless we failed charging your credit card recently. In that case, we may retry after confirming. Please note that this isn't a charge for a new billing period, but a charge for an outstanding invoice for your current billing period.
You can keep using AppSignal until the end of your current billing period. After that, all data we have on your apps will be removed. Your personal user account remains, because it may be associated with other organizations as well. If you'd like to be completely forgotten, please reach out to our support team so we can make that happen.
Thanks for having been a customer, and we hope to see you again in the future!