There are a number of reasons for a declined charge. All banks have automated systems that decline or accept a charge. We've found that the most common reasons are:
- The card has expired: check the expiration date of the card to make sure it's still valid.
- The billing address does not match the address on the card: check if the billing address in AppSignal matches that on the card.
- The card has insufficient funds: if you use a pre-paid card, check if the card has sufficient funds to accept the charge.
- The card has a monthly spending limit which has been reached: let us know and we can charge you at the beginning of next month and return to the normal billing cycle afterwards.
- A fluke in the matrix, sometimes the card gets declined at random with no specific reason: contact us at email@example.com and we'll figure this out together.